Wednesday, April 10, 2013

“The administrative limit for this request was exceeded” When Enabling User for Exchange UM

Recently I was bulk enabling users for Exchange Unified Messaging for users on 2010.  For just a few of the users, I received the following error message when trying to enable them for UM:

Error: Unable to save Unified Messaging PIN for mailbox xxxx: The administrative limit for this request was exceeded.

UM Error - admin exceeded - markup

After using my favorite search engine, I came up empty on this exact error message.  I did get a few hits on the generic “The administrative limit for this request was exceeded” message. 

After a little research, signs were pointing me to the AD user account had a “runaway” attribute with too many entries in it causing other applications to fail when making changes to other attributes.  I reviewed one of the problem user’s attributes and found the userCertificate filled with a bunch of entries.

 

UM Error - admin exceeded - ad attr - markup

After clearing out the userCertificate attribute the mailbox was able to be UM enabled.

Hope this helps someone else.

3 comments:

  1. I can see that you are are genuinely passionate about this! great information.
    thank you...!
    Hadoop training

    ReplyDelete
  2. Resources like the one you mentioned here will be very useful to me! I will post a link to this page on my blog. I am sure my visitors will find that very useful.
    Microsoft dynamics training

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey very nice blog!!
    Hi there,I enjoy reading through your article post, I wanted to write a little comment to support you and wish you a good

    continuationAll the best for all your blogging efforts.Appreciate the recommendation! Let me try it out.
    Keep working ,great job!
    Latest jobs

    ReplyDelete